Things I am…
- A woman born out of my time.
- Pushing 40, living in the ‘burbs of Manhattan with my young son and our three cats.
- Hard to define. It’s my definition.
- Often overwhelmed, but doing my best.
- …as potty-mouthed as a drunken sailor.
- Marketing specialist (integrated marketing communications) in addition to full-time single mom. I try very hard to do both well.
- A music-maker with my voice.
- Nautical by nature.
- Perhaps too trusting.
- Always learning, and proud to be.
- Full of snark.
- A poet by avocation, although I haven’t felt the muse in many years.
- A deep lover and defender of our fellow animals.
- Fiercely protective of those I love.
- Spiritual, though I don’t shove my religion down anyone’s throat, so why shove atheism down mine?
Things I am not…
- As patient as I want to be.
- Always as graceful as I want to be. In all connotations.
- A particularly good liar.
- Happy when landlocked.
- A game player (in the sense of someone who messes with you for whatever nefarious motives). Nor do I tolerate game players very well anymore.
- Especially good at updating this blog regularly… 😛
More about The Salty Mama…
She has salt in her blood and the rhythm of the sea in her heart.
And though she be but little, she is fierce.