Time to start talking some more here, and what better than a meme? Friday 5 has posted 90 bonus questions to get the conversation started, and here they are – with my answers.
- What did you dissect in high school?
A cow’s eyeball. Blargh.
- In what non-bathroom places have you relieved yourself?
Nowhere, I’m more or less physically incapable of it, even if it means I’m suffering. It’s like a mental block.
- When you first understood the concept of sexual intercourse, what did you think of it?
Weird. Difficult to imagine.
- If you’re a neat person, what’s something you’re messy about? If you’re a messy person, what’s something you’re neat about?
The cat litter mat. It’s designed to catch litter as they walk out of the box, and it does an OK job, but I admit I tend to vacuum it more than take it outside and give it a good shake.
- What did you like best about high school geometry (the subject, not the teacher, classmates, or whatever)?
NOTHING. Worst subject ever.
- What item at a salad bar gets you the most excited?
Spinach salad leaves!
- Do some brands of bottled water taste better than others?
I think so but not much. I like Ozarka/Poland Spring. But came to find the Wal-Mart Great Value tasted just as good as the Ozarka so I switched. Now I live in a place where it’s safe to drink tap (nice well water).
- If you could be employed in one of the technical jobs in film-making, what would you choose?
Costumery…does that count as ‘technical’?
- How do you feel about couples (married or dating) having joint email accounts or joint Facebook accounts?
Meh, whatever floats their boats.
- Which character from The Wizard of Oz do you best relate to?
- What’s on your toilet tank?
- What’s on the dashboard of your car?
- What’s on top of your fridge?
Some platters…I think.
- What’s on your front porch?
- What’s on your bathroom sink?
Various soaps, candles, toothbrush holder & toothbrush, and temporarily an old 2 gallon aquarium I’ve got to finish cleaning and put up.
- How have you personalized your space at work?
I work from home so it’s pretty darn personalized all over.
- What’s the most you’ve spent on one meal out, and was it worth it?
My parents spent over $200 at an Italian restaurant in NYC for the whole family + friends…it was so worth it, every bite.
- What’s the greatest height you’ve looked down from?
The top of the Eiffel Tower, probably.
- What animal have you seen in the wild that most people see only in books, in other visual media, or in zoos?
Road runner or armadillo is probably the most exotic I’ve seen in the wild…or maybe a moose…it’s all subjective, isn’t it? Depends where you live.
- Among songs in your iTunes (or other media player), how many contain the word “eye” or “eyes,” and which is your favorite?
David Bowie, “Thru These Architect’s Eyes”. Total # is 7.
- Who looks nice but is actually mean?
- Who looks mean but is actually nice?
A lot of elderly people.
- What are your thoughts on red velvet cake, or on the plethora of red-velvet-flavored stuff out there nowadays?
Not a big fan.
- What’s the most ridiculous name you’ve ever heard for an actual band?
- Who in your life seems to be great at everything except romantic relationships?
I really have no idea and wouldn’t say if I did.
- What’s a really appetizing sound?
Pudding. Just the word.
- Who in your life has a voice you really had to get used to?
Also not going to say…it’s rude.
- What’s a sound you hear in your neighborhood that would puzzle newcomers but which you barely even notice anymore?
The tree frogs.
- A dentist’s drill make a sound that most of us can barely tolerate, but it means something is being done for someone’s well-being. What’s another sound like that?
Babies/kids crying because of getting shots. 😦
- Of the sounds you hear when out on a walk, what’s the best?
My kid giggling from time to time.
- What was the name of your college’s sports teams, and what did you think of that name?
Catamounts. Kinda cool.
- What was your favorite thing about your college specifically?
The food was pretty amazing. Catered by Marriott.
- What was your least favorite thing about your college specifically?
Walking long distances in 30 below degrees.
- Where was the best place on your college campus (or near campus) to get lunch?
The cafe on the top floor of my dorm. Superb.
- Where was the best place on your college campus to spend time alone with someone?
Oddly enough a little hill right in between a couple dorm buildings…great view for the sunrise if you stay up all night talking.
- Which of your college sports teams was the most competitive? Which was the least?
Honestly never paid attention to the sports. But, I’d say ice hockey would probably be most competitive…not sure about least. Probably something we’d likely have a really short season at like crew or sailing (because of the climate).
- What organizations did you belong to on your college campus, or what campus jobs did you have?
I was in an honors program, but nothing else.
- What was the best thing you could get fro a vending machine on your college campus?
Don’t remember using a vending machine at college!
- What’s something you did in college that your parents would have disapproved of?
Quite a few things, and you won’t trick me into saying them publicly. 😉
- If you HAD to pick one, which of your college instructors was the hottest?
Hands down my Global History prof…he was quite young and babelicious.
- What was your most embarrassing wardrobe malfunction?
On stage during “The King and I”, I had several malfunctions (over the course of the play’s run). Once an earring got stuck to my jacket and I had to perform my big solo with my head cocked to the side. Another time my heel got caught in my hem and I had to limp offstage.
- What’s something awful that happened to you or someone you know involving email?
I had a cyber stalker who attacked me to no end through e-mail and then took it to phone.
- In what embarrassing location have you fallen down?
Probably everywhere at some point or another. We all fall down.
- What’s something that embarrasses you but probably shouldn’t?
When my curly hair goes crazy.
- Have you ever done anything embarrassing while driving?
My first time I briefly hit the wrong pedal at a stop sign.
- When did you last have a eureka! moment?
Had a tiny one this morning – more like learning something new – when doing some professional research.
- What’s something you recently learned about something you already knew pretty well?
This morning doing the aforementioned professional research!
- What’s something you don’t know much about that others mistakenly think you do?
- What’s a word you recently learned the meaning of?
Abecedarian – someone learning the alphabet.
- Who’s an extremely well-known person in your field but is relatively unknown outside it?
Seth Godin, maybe? Mari Smith?
- What store’s departure from your preferred shopping mall most saddened you?
None because I do most my shopping online! However when I lived in TX, I was sad that Kohl’s had closed there.
- What’s good to eat at your preferred shopping mall?
Japanese – it’s sort of fakey Japanese but the teriyaki is yummy.
- What services (as opposed to goods) do you pay for at your preferred shopping mall?
Watch repair is the only thing I can think of and it’s not even at my preferred mall.
- What’s a store you’ve never been inside at your preferred shopping mall?
- What kind of store would you most welcome in your preferred shopping mall?
Lush – it’s already coming!
- What did you most recently purchase at an office supply store?
- What did you most recently purchase at a book store?
If Amazon counts, a Kindle book.
- What did you most recently purchase at a drugstore?
- What did you most recently purchase at a convenience store?
Can’t even recall the last time I was in one.
- What did you most recently purchase at a thrift shop?
Clothes for Elijah (online thrift store, Thredup).
- What kinds of craft-making do you particularly enjoy?
- What craft-making’s appeal baffles you?
Origami…the appeal is clear to me, I think it’s awesome, but the talent eludes me.
- What have you purchased from Etsy or similar websites?
Knitted hats for Eli, clothes for Eli.
- What crafty item in your house gets the most use?
- What qualities really make someone a good crafter?
- What’s your favorite animated, non-Disney, non-Pixar movie?
I want to say The Nightmare Before Christmas but that’s Disney, isn’t it? Darn, I don’t know.
- What’s your favorite teen movie?
Pretty in Pink.
- What’s your favorite romantic movie?
I really could not pick just one.
- What’s your favorite action movie?
Really not a fan of action movies.
- What’s your favorite non-animated movie musical?
Meet Me in St. Louis.
- If someone insisted on paying for it, would you rather have a gardener, a housekeeper, a personal chef, a driver, or a personal assistant?
- If someone insisted on paying for it, would you rather have a personal masseuse (or masseur), a sex surrogate, a personal trainer, a therapist, a makeup artist and hair stylist, or a life coach?
- Would you rather have a non-creepy secret admirer who sent you the occasional small gift and admiring note, a professional agent who kept an eye out for your next job and applied on your behalf and negotiated your salary, a private investigator who found out what people are saying about you and found out interesting things about people you know, or a personal photographer to capture all your special moments in ways that always made you look your best?
Secret admirer, under certain circumstances.
- Would you rather have limitless closet space (for clothes only), limitless shelf space (for books and music only), limitless hard-drive and cloud storage, or an eidetic memory?
Hard drive and cloud storage.
- Would you rather have perfect pitch, the ability to do long or tricky math problems quickly in your head, ambidexterity, an inerrant BS detector, or the uncanny ability to know exactly what the weather’s going to be like in your neighborhood within twenty-four hours?
I actually have perfect pitch, ambidexterity and the uncanny weather thing, so I’ll say a BS detector.
- In what way have you stubbornly refused to grow up?
I still love the movie Labyrinth and always will, with a wide-eyed childish wonder. Same with the book The Little Prince.
- In what way have you stubbornly refused to be open-minded?
I’ve had a lot of arguments with agnostics, and have trouble understanding their point of view.
- In what way have you stubbornly refused someone else’s kindness?
Sometimes I try to do everything myself to feel strong, even if it’s detrimental.
- In what way have you stubbornly refused to be apologetic?
A certain family member who’s wronged many of us many times over the years doesn’t receive much forgiveness from me, even though I really should just forgive and move on.
- In what way have you stubbornly refused to take a short cut?
I prefer to post directly to Facebook instead of using Hootsuite for Facebook updates, because it gives me more control over options!
- What’s your favorite frozen treat on a stick?
Fat Frog pops, no longer around. 😦
- What’s your favorite lollipop?
- When you passed notes during class in high school, who was most often the recipient?
Could have been any number of people, I didn’t discriminate! Depended on the class and seating, etc.
- Who among your high school friends was the first to get his or her own car?
I have absolutely NO recollection of this.
- Who’s the black sheep in your family?
Me, I guess.
- Who’s the family historian?
- What was the last thing you sprayed from a spray bottle?
- What was the last thing you sprayed from an aerosol can?
- When did you last make reservations for something?
Reservations for a hotel in Amarillo, TX.
- What’s your next upcoming appointment?